One of the key problems is the efficient operation of drive systems with installed gearboxes. The most common and frequently asked question from company’s management to answer to, is the following: Should we renovate old devices or buy new ones? PATENTUS S.A. helps to provide a reliable answer to this question.
Installation of gear wheels in a renovated gearbox.
Gear wheels hobbing machine.
Patentus S.A. proposes a solution consisting in general overhaul of the gearbox, resulting in restoration of its technical condition to the new gearbox level. The costs of the renovation performed in this manner are at the level of 30 – 70% of a new gearbox purchase price . The renovation cost depends on the scope of works performed. Patentus S.A. provides 3 to 12 months renovation warranty. The warranty period is determined individually in each case and depends on the scope of the work performed and the drive system working conditions.
Gleason-Pfauter Slotting Machine
New casing production.
When is it worth or is it necessary to buy a new gearbox to replace the old and worn one?
- In case of low-powered geared drives that are produced in large batches. They are relatively cheap to purchase, and the spare parts have been calculated by the manufacturer to discourage the user from renovating.
- When we want to increase the efficiency of the installation / technology / transport system, which is related to the need to increase the power of drive units and electric engine, and the construction of the existing reducer does not allow it..
- When the degree of the gearbox wear is so advanced that it unables economically viable renovation.
- When the old type gearbox can be successfully replaced with a lighter, smaller, less burdensome for the environment and less troublesome to exploitate, without costly technical changes related with the driven machine connection.
In what case and what type of gearbox is worth repairing?
- When the overhaul price is competitive in comparison to the new gearbox price.
- When the original spare parts offered by the gearbox manufacturer are very expensive. This is a common practice as machinery and equipment manufacturers around the world apply very high margins on spare parts.
- Large-size gearboxes transmitting high power and high torques.
- High-speed gearboxes with high nominal power.
- Special-purpose gearboxes, with a structure individually adapted to the user’s needs.
- Gearboxes manufactured individually or in small batches.
- When the installation conditions and work layout make it difficult to select new replacement.
- When the company performing the renovation gives a reliable warranty for the performed work.
- When human and technical resources as well as extensive experience in the field of gearboxes reduce the hazard.
- When the company deals with professional gearboxes diagnostics and has gearboxes service.
Customer service procedure
- Renovation offer preparation for the gearbox delivered to Patentus S.A.
a. Thorough washing, old oil removal, gearbox dismantlement.
b. Gearbox technical condition and components wear level assessment (casing, shafts, gear wheels, bearings, accessories, lubrication systems, cooling systems).
c. Calculation of the planned renovation costs and the renovation price offer for the customer.
d. Gearbox reassemble to transport conditions.
- Renovation offer preparation based on gearbox visual inspection at the customer’s premises
a. Patentus S.A. service technicians arrival to the customer’s premises.
b. Gearbox visual inspection, preparation of photographic documentation.
c. Gearbox technical condition and components wear level assessment (casing, shafts, gear wheels, bearings, accessories, lubrication systems, cooling systems)
d. Calculation of the planned renovation costs and the renovation price offer for the customer. Note: The gearbox should be prepared for visual inspection: washed and dismantled into components. The cost of works indicated in points a and b are individually determined and will be settled in the total renovation price after customer’s offer acceptance and order of the gearbox renovation service.
a. Thorough washing of the gear casing and components, including casing sandblasting or shot blasting.
b. Gearbox inventor, preparation of renovation documentation
(construction and technological documentation).
c. Casing regeneration, planning of the division area, machining of bearing seats – if measurements and the technical condition assessment will indicate the need for such repair.
d. Manufacturing or regeneration of rotating parts (shafts, bushings, gear wheels, pinions).
e. New commercial parts completing (bearings, sealing rings, clamping rings, back-stops, vents, couplings, pumps, heat exchangers, nozzles, sensors).
f. Gearbox assembly.
g. Tests and diagnostics at the test station using full or partial load.
h. Painting, packaging, shipment to the customer.
- Complementary services.
a. Additionally, we offer our service team participation during the gearbox assembly and start-up.
b. We manufacture spare parts according to the entrusted documentation or on the basis of details provided reconstruction (reverse engineering).
- Well-trained staff that benefits form over 30 years of experience in construction, production, testing and repairs of general purpose gearboxes and special drive units.
- Construction Department within the research and development Department (equipped with graphic support of construction and design software – CAD 2D, 3D Autocad and Inventor based along with Kissoft / Kisssys specialist reference software for calculating geometric, endurance and technological parameters of gear wheels).
- Technology and production preparation Department – equipped with Autocad and ERP PRO alfa systems.
- Quality Control department equipped with measuring devices: Zeiss Acura, Wenzel LH 2600 Hybrid, metallographic tests equipment, stationary and portable spectrometers for steel chemical composition analysis, magnetic station for microcracks inspection on the gear wheels surface.
Quality control laboratory 1 with Zeiss Acura
Quality control laboratory 2 with Wenzel LH 2600 Hybrid
- Production Department.
a. SECO / Warwick production heat treatment, including furnaces: CM D12 vacum chamber, tempering and atmospheric annealing PEG1000 and PEG700, quenching bath, chamber washing equipment.
SECO/WARWICK vacuum chamber
SECO/WARWICK annealing furnace
b. Gear wheels machining machines: Gleason Pfauter Titan 1200G, Gleason Pfauter P800/1200S H3, Gleason Pfauter Titan 1200H, Welter KF630 CNC.
Gleason Pfauter Profile Grinding Machine
Welter Bevel Gear Wheels Milling Machine
c. Boring Machines.
d. CNC horizontal and vertical centers, CNC and conventional lathes, universal machines for machining and finishing.
e. Internal, center-type and surface grinders.
f. Gearboxes Assembly Department: 12t crane, assembly heaters, thermos flasks dedicated for liquid nitrogen cooling, assembly press with 30t load capacity.
g. Plant production area of 2 x 3000 m², located in Pszczyna, Silesian Voivodeship.
h. Testing on 630kW dyno.
- EN ISO 9001
- EN 15085-2 CL1
- PN-EN ISO 3834-2